They were pretty worried with her sleep apnea and anesthesia. Thankfully, everything went without a problem. The EGD is a scope/camera that looks down the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. They didn't see an obstruction or an ulcer, so that is checked off the list. They took a lot of biopsies of tissue and we will get the result in a few days (the results will tell us more about allergies, enzymes, bacteria, and acid related issues). I hope they find something so we can stop testing.
The bronchial scope looked really good, this was GREAT news for us. We are going to schedule one more sleep test which will hopefully tell us exactly how her apnea is doing.
It was hard after the procedure because the sleep doctor came in to talk to us and I could hear Abby going ballistic, I asked the nurse if that was Abby and she nodded. The doctor said, "she is fine" and continued with the results of the bronchial scope. When we finally made it in there Abby was SO MAD. It took us over 30 minutes to calm her down. I have never seen her like this. Once she was out of the hospital all she wanted to do was cuddle with me.
She is such an amazing spirit! She is so happy and smiley and fun to be around (except when she has just woken up from anesthesia). I am grateful to have her as my daughter. I often call her 'sister' because (as spirit sisters) I feel she is stronger and nobler than I am.



What a cute picture of her! So sorry you two have had to go through all of this! I hope the results help figure out what is going on!
ReplyDelete