Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Temple Trip





We took Ry down to see the SLC temple. He loves temples and is always excited when we pass by one. He has been looking forward to this trip all week. We started the trip by stopping in at Bucca Di Beppos (Italian food). They are one of two favorite Italian restaruants Mark has. He is a picky Italian eater, so to be on his list is a tough task to accomplish. In my opinion they are super delish.

After dinner we walked the grounds of the temple. Ry was very happy. He is excited for the day he can enter the temple. The spirit is so strong on the temple grounds; especially for young children, I know they feel of Heavenly Fathers love. He knows the temple is Jesus's home and that it is a happy place. As we walked up to the temple Ry asked 'Is Jesus looking out the windows?' to that we answered Yes, in a way he is always watching over us. We visited the visitors centers and he loved seeing the 'big' Jesus. When we walked into the room he just looked up in awe, as did I. I love temple square, it is a slice of heaven on earth.

Being on the grounds of temple square with my family reminds me of why we are here and what is really important, that being family and the gospel of Jesus Christ. With the husstle and bussle of life, sometimes the focus of eternity is masked by 'noise'. I love getting away from the stress of life. It was such a fun night! I love family activities.







Abby and I had a girls night out last night.............not so fun, but yet still memorable. Here is a picture of what we did.

Yup, as you can see we went out on the town, dolled up and all =) Abby had her third and hopefully final sleep study. To say the least, they really wire her up. She wasn't very happy about her makeover. The techs and I joked we were going to send her up to space, she honestly looked like she was ready to go up there. I was up until almost 1 am trying to get her to sleep. I finally accomplished the task, after that she slept really good (only waking up at 3 am for a quick feed). They woke us at 6 am. I am very confident that these result will be accurate to her normal sleeping state. I really hope this is our last sleep study. I don't like them very much, and neither does Abby! But she is a good trooper, that girl has a heart of gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment