Sunday, August 28, 2011

What a fun past couple of weeks we have had! So many exciting things have happened. The first is I completed my first race. This was such a fun new experience for me. I loved it. It is crazy that I have never participated in a race before, but I was always to gripped to the fear of failure to even try. Well a friend talked me into it and I believed I could do it, I trained well and was prepared and I am happy with what I was able to accomplish. Our team won our division, this was unexpected. We laughed our heads of because of it, but hey we got a medal!






The second exciting event was Ry starting preschool. What a BIG boy he is. I can't believe he is old enough to leave me for a few hours each day. Yes I got teary, but that quickly left when it sunk in that I can actually have some daily quite time for myself. An experience that I haven't had for a long long time. He has gone twice and has loved it. I love him coming home and talking about all the fun stuff he was able to do.



Ry is also going to preschool with his cousin Paige. You can tell how absolutely thrilled they are about this!

Also I am a huge project oriented person. This month we have been able to complete a couple projects. One of them was painting a couple older dressers to look pretty decent. I put on new paint and knobs and it's like a new dresser. I love paint! What an easy transformation from old to new. Also, my favorite project we have done on our house was installed yesterday. A new door and sidelight. It has totally transformed our home entrance. I LOVE IT!! words can't even describe the transformation. check out these before and after pics.

Disgusting, I know.

Beautiful, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment