This past week was Abby's sleep Dr. appointment, I was previously mailed the results to the sleep study, and was therefore prepared for the bad news. Basically the run down of the appointment was there was some improvement with her desaturation levels, but no significant change. Due to these results the Dr. feels it necessary to take out her adenoids, but not her tonsils (unless the ENT feels it necessary). If she were to get her tonsils out she would have to spend days in the hospital for recovery and there is a lot more bleeding and swelling, with the issues that she already has with apnea the LAST thing we need is any kind of swelling in her throat. I have made an appointment to see the ENT at primarys, but unfortunately it's another month of waiting before we can see him.
One part of the study that became worse was her periodic breathing (periods of not breathing), this increased from 1% (first sleep study) to 5% (most recent sleep study) of the night is spent in periodic breathing. This is not good. She isn't sure why it is increasing, but one reason could be that she might have chiari malformation of the brain. To diagnose this requires an MRI (which requires more sedation). The cure for chiari is brain surgery. HUMM............YEP I'M STRESSED OUT!! I'm tired to say the least.
Although this has been a hard week for me I am grateful for good Doctors. Abby has such a good sleep Dr. She has been wonderful to us. Another thing I am grateful for is the gospel of Christ. There have been many times this week that I have felt the weight of the world on my back, but I have always had someone to turn to and that is the Lord, he has sent peace when peace has been sought. I know he knows the pain and worry we feel. I know he is truly in control of this situation and I just need more faith in Him and His plan for our family. I'm not sure what I would do without Him.
I am also very grateful for exercise! That's right you heard me. I LOVE to workout, and the more stressed I feel the harder and longer I workout. I have always loved exercising, but being a stay at home mom I can't make it to the gym very often...........OK, I never make it to the gym anymore. I have made my living room my gym. We have a treadmill, hand weights, and biggest loser/P90X DVDs (absolutely love them). My day is filled with so much less stress when I get a good hard workout in.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm sorry to hear your news. Having medical issues is such a stress and it really doesn't get better. Its such a comfort we have such great medical care and I'm sure you are grateful. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteAbby is so lucky to have a mom who takes such good care of her. I hope the doctors can get down to the solution quickly. What a hard thing! Our thoughts are with you guys.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Hermana, how stressful and heart breaking for you to go through all of this! I'm so sorry to hear about all of these trials you are having. You are in my prayers!
ReplyDelete